Communications officers provide the media with information about the company and its products. They prepare news releases when the company launches products or upgrades existing ones. They may also issue a release if the company wins a significant contract or improves its market
As a Corporate Communications Officer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Work with and provide assistance to the Communications Manager in all functional areas
- Produce valuable and engaging content for distribution along our marketing channels (e.g. website, blogs, social media, radio, etc.)
- Assist in implementing successful marketing campaigns for our clients (and for VIISAUS itself if the case arises) owning their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Write press releases, and content for the company website, infographics, blogs and newsletters;
- Assist in arranging and coordinating press conferences and planning events;
- Assist in writing business proposals for the company’s clientele;
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy for all external documentation; and
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis and other PR initiatives.
You would be a good fit if you:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications strategy development (essential);
- An excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop / Corel draw / Canva)
- Proficiency in MS Office and related business and communication tools;
- Possess content writing experience for all media platforms (nice to have);
- Proven social media and networking expertise;
- Strategic and creative mindset;
- Pay strong attention to detail;
- Have good interpersonal communication skills; and
- Possess good networking ability.